Seasonal Clothing Donation Guide:
November through February: Winter clothing and outerwear
March through April: Spring clothing
May through Mid-August: Summer clothing
Mid-August through October: Fall clothing
Currently, we can only accept donations that meet the following need criteria:
1) Clothing must be of current season (Winter) and contemporary design (purchased in the last five years or of timeless design) clean, in great condition, no tears, rips or stains and on hangers.
Bridge to Success relies on donations of professional/business clothing and accessories to ensure we have the inventory to dress our clients for work. We serve men, women and young adults. Our clients will often leave our center to go directly to an interview. When donating professional/business clothing please remember we are preparing our clients to make a great first impression - they won't get a second chance so be sure what you donate will do that for them!
2) What do we need?
- Accepting Big and tall two-piece suits (no double breasted suits, please) in sizes 48 and up, X-large shirts - 5 X dress shirts, dress slacks with waist 40" + and outerwear.
- Accepting Men's small two-piece suits (no double breasted suits, please) in size 38 or 40, dress slacks with 30 - 32" waist, shirts with neck size 14-15 1/2.
- We have a special need for dress shoes in ALL sizes; we especially need sizes 12 -14.
- Accepting ALL sizes!
We have a special need for large and plus-size professional and business casual clothing in sizes 12- 24+
- We have a special need for dress shoes in larger sizes (9 and up) as well as accessories.
- Accepting ALL sizes!
3) For The Bottomline Boutique we are accepting current season, designer label, high-end couture and vintage (1940s-1970s) clothing in all sizes and accessories (handbags and jewelry) The Bottomline Boutique sales support programming expenses. Your support is appreciated!
*If you have experienced a bed bug infestation, Bridge to Success cannot accept your clothing. We also cannot accept pajamas, sweat clothing, gym shoes and socks, flip flops, underwear, logoed t-shirts/shirts, or bathing suits. Thank you for your understanding! *
Directions to Back Entrance Drop-Off Site:
While our office is located at 1236 S. Halsted St., Chicago, Illinois just west of the Kennedy Expressway and south of Roosevelt Rd. The best access for dropping off large donations is behind our building. To access the back of the building go to S. Newberry St., one very short block west of S. Halsted. It it is a left hand turn onto S. Newberry St. (St. Francis of Assisi Church is on the corner). Newberry is a no-outlet street, which can only be accessed via Roosevelt Rd. Go past the church parking lot, and you will see a long broad drive-way which butts up to the back of our building. Once you are outside, please give us a call and we will open the door and assist you.
All donations are tax deductible. We do not need an itemized listing of your donations. When you donate you will receive a receipt for your tax file.
Clothing and Accessory Drives:
Interested in organizing a drive on behalf of your company?
We appreciate the many clothing drives that are conducted on our behalf. If you are interested in hosting a clothing or accessories drive, please contact us prior to your event to ensure that we have room for your donations and so we can ensure that you are collecting the items that we need. We have clothing and accessory drive guidelines that will make it easy for you to coordinate a successful drive.
Don't forget the Empowerment part of your drive!
In addition to clothing, Bridge to Success relies on financial donations to outfit the men and women who need our assistance! All donations are tax deductible.
- Ask your company to match its employees' contributions with a corporate gift of $150 or more.
- Have colleagues without clothes to donate support the drive with a financial gift.
- Collect spare change and donate it to Bridge to Success.